Bed, Bath & Beyond Closing Even More Stores! Is Yours on the List? *UPDATED*
If you’ve got any $5 off $15 or $10 off $30, or 20% off Bed Bath & Beyond coupons laying around, then you might need to use them soon. Because, they’ve announced that they’re closing more stores in 2020! We have the updated list of Bed Bath & Beyond stores closing.
In other words, Bed Bath & Beyond is looking to shutter about 200 “redundant” stores over the next two years. As a result, look for liquidation sales to be announced in the coming weeks and months.
Bed Bath & Beyond COVID Response
Bed Bath & Beyond temporarily closed all retail banner stores on March 23rd across the US and Canada excluding most buybuyBABY and Harmon Face Values stores. As of now, most have reopened. During the closure they converted ~25% of Bed Bath & Beyond and buybuyBABY stores in the US/Canada into regional fulfillment centers. This allowed them to assign orders locally and deliver quickly. In addition, they rolled out an accelerated launch of BOPIS and Curbside Pickup fulfillment services.
The majority of Bed Bath & Beyond store associates and certain corporate employees were furloughed because of the pandemic. In addition, the company also owns retail chains like Buy Buy Baby and Cost Plus Inc.
Which Bed Bath & Beyond Locations are Closing?
The company announced these new closures in its July 8th first-quarter investor-relations presentation. Additionally noting that closures would “mostly” affect Bed Bath & Beyond.
Going forward, Bed Bath & Beyond will “lean into store closures” and “leverage significant lease expirations coming due” in an effort to turn things around, according to the presentation. The company has also cut “expenses associated with the maintenance of stores.”
From its SEC filing: In addition, as part of the extensive business transformation underway, the Company continues to drive strong actions as part of its ongoing restructuring program. These include, among other things, efforts to reduce cost of goods and drive supply chain transformation to address gross margin pressures related to the substantial shift of sales to digital channels. Furthermore, the Company plans to right-size its real estate portfolio by closing approximately 200 mostly Bed Bath & Beyond stores over the next two years and focus on other SG&A expense reductions.
Naturally, our hearts go out to the employees affected by these shutdowns. And, to the consumers who rely on these stores.
COVID Retail Apocalypse
This news comes on the heels of retail giants such as J.C. Penney declared bankruptcy and plans to close 200 stores, And, Victoria’s Secret and Bath & Body Works announced they were closing 300 stores. Gordmans bankruptcy and store closings. Tuesday Morning stores declare bankruptcy. And, of course, Pier One Imports closing all of their stores. Shortly after Neiman Marcus, another department store giant, declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy amid the coronavirus pandemic. And, most recently The Children’s Place announced they would close 300 stores. and 24-Hour fitness closes doors to nearly half of its clubs. See all of the recent store closings in the Covid Retail Apocalypse.
See all the 2020 Stores Closing here.
Bed Bath & Beyond List of Locations Closing
While the new list of 200 more stores hasn’t yet been decided or announced, here is the list of 40 store closings announced in January. Of course, we will update you when we get the new list.
Bed Bath & Beyond stores closing list
The following 63 stores are slated to close by the end of 2020. Approximately 200 stores will close over the next two years.
Alabama Bed Bath & Beyond closures
- Birmingham: 1640 Gadsden Highway
- Alabaster: 300 Colonial Promenade Parkway
Arizona Bed Bath & Beyond closing
- Phoenix: 10845 North Tatum Blvd.
California Bed Bath & Beyond closing stores
- City of Industry: 21640 Valley Blvd.
- Fremont: 39125 Fremont Hub
- Mira Loma: 6365 Pats Ranch Road
- Paso Robles: 2449 Golden Hill Road
- Stockton: 10822 Trinity Parkway
- Victorville: 12410 Amargosa Road
Colorado closing Bed Bath stores
- Aurora: 23901 E. Orchard Road
- Greeley: 4735 29th St.
Connecticut Bed Bath & Beyond closures
- Danbury: 13 Sugar Hollow Road
- Farmington: 1603 Southeast Road
- Milford: 1212 Boston Post Road
- Torrington: 1914 East Main St.
Florida Bed Bath & Beyond closings
- Casselberry: 5803 S US Highway 17/92
- Pembroke Pines: 11470 Pines Blvd.
- Port St. Lucie: 10856 SW Village Parkway
Georgia Bed Bath & Beyond closure
- Douglasville: 6680 Douglas Blvd.
Illinois Bed Bath closing stores
- Bolingbrook: 734 East Boughton Road
- Chicago: 2838 North Broadway
- DeKalb: 2530 Sycamore Road
- Orland Park: 203 Orland Park Place
Indiana Bed Bath store closures
- Bloomington: 280 N. Gates Drive
- Indianapolis: 6010 West 86th St.
- Indianapolis: 8655 N. River Crossing Blvd.
- Merrillville: 2520 East 79th Ave.
Kentucky closing Bed Bath & Beyond store
- Lexington: 3220 Nicholasville Road
Louisiana Bed Bath store closure
- Harvey: 901 Manhattan Blvd.
Maine Bed Bath & Beyond closing store
- Auburn: 730 Center St.
Maryland Bed Bath & Beyond store closings
- Gaithersburg: 558 N. Frederick Ave.
- Hanover: 7000 Arundel Mills Circle
- Salisbury: 2653 N. Salisbury Blvd.
Michigan Bed Bath & Beyond closing
- Allen Park: 3180 Fairlane Drive
Missouri Bed Bath & Beyond closure
- Kansas City: 8520 North Evanston Ave.
Nebraska Bed Bath & Beyond store closure
- Lincoln: 5040 N. 27th Street
New Jersey Bed Bath closing stores
- Howell: 4075 Route 9
- Rockaway: 202 Enterprise Drive
New York Bed Bath & Beyond store closings
- Flushing: 40-24 College Point Blvd.
- New York: 410 E. 61st St.
- Rochester: 3349 Monroe Ave.
- Staten Island: 2700 Veterans Road West
- Syracuse: 3597 W Genesee St.
- Watertown: 21855 Towne Center Drive
North Carolina Bed Bath closing locations
- Concord: 8241 Concord Mills Blvd.
- Raleigh: 6270 Glenwood Ave.
Ohio Bed Bath & Beyond closing stores
- Beavercreek: 2720 Towne Drive
- Columbus: 1170 Polaris Parkway
- Holland: 1230 S. Holland Sylvania Road
- Pickerington: 1750 Hill Road North
Oregon Bed Bath & Beyond closure
- Gresham: 719 NW 12th St.
Pennsylvania closing Bed Bath store
- Plymouth Meeting: 2410 Chemical Road
Tennessee Bed Bath store closure
- Nashville: 211 Opry Mills Drive
Texas Bed Bath & Beyond store closings
- Austin: 9333 Research Blvd.
- Hurst: 853 Northeast Mall Drive
- Missouri City: 5752 Highway 6
- Watauga: 7616 Denton Highway
Utah Bed Bath & Beyond closures
- Layton: 2159 Harris Blvd.
- West Jordan: 7142 South Plaza Center Drive
Virginia Bed Bath & Beyond closing
- Arlington: 900 Army Navy Drive
Washington Bed Bath closure
- Everett: 1130 SE Everett Mall Way
West Virginia Bed Bath store closure
- Martinsburg: 172 Retail Commons Parkway
Wisconsin Bed Bath store closings
- Brookfield: 605 Main St.
Don’t miss another freebie! Get Instant Freebie Alerts here! Find the Newest Freebies posted here! Then, JOIN all of our FB Groups!
Source: USA Today