Benefiber Class Action Settlement, Claim $60 No Receipts
If you purchased Benefiber products as set forth in this class action lawsuit, then you may be eligible for a refund. Because, allegedly the company sold its original product as 100% natural when its not. Furthermore, it marketed the Healthy Shape version as being a weight-loss product, and sold it at a higher price, even though it’s exactly the same product as Benefiber original.
How do I file a claim?
What’s this settlement about?
The lawsuit alleges that GSK deceptively marketed, advertised, labeled, and sold (1) its Benefiber Original and Benefiber Healthy Shape Products as “100% Natural” or “natural;” and (2) its Benefiber Healthy Shape Products as “clinically proven to cure cravings” and as a weight management product at a price premium, even though it is the same product as Benefiber Original.
GSK denies the claims and allegations made in the Litigation. GSK is settling to avoid the expense, inconvenience, risk, and disruption of litigation. It is not an admission of any wrongdoing.
The Court has not decided that GSK has violated any laws. The Notice is not an expression of any opinion by the Court on the claims in the Litigation.
What Products are Included?
The Covered Products included in the Settlement are:
Benefiber Healthy Shape
- Benefiber Healthy Shape Prebiotic Powder Fiber Supplement
- Benefiber Original Prebiotic Powder Fiber Supplement
- Benefiber Sugar-Free Powder Fiber Supplement
- Benefiber Prebiotic Powder Fiber Supplement On-The-Go Stick Packs (Flavored or Unflavored)
- Benefiber Prebiotic Fiber Supplement Chewables
Who is eligible for a refund?
You are eligible to submit a Claim Form if you purchased, in the United States, Benefiber Original and/or Benefiber Healthy Shape Products between June 19, 2014 and June 8, 2021 for personal or household use.
Is a receipt required?
Proof of purchase is not required. However, if you have receipts, you may be able to claim more.
How much will I get back?
- An estimated $10.00* per qualifying purchase of Benefiber Original, up to a maximum of five (5) units without proof of purchase (Total $50). Qualifying Proof of Purchase for each unit claimed is required for all Claims for more than five (5) units of Benefiber Original.
- An estimated $12.00* per qualifying purchase of Benefiber Healthy Shape, up to a maximum of five (5) units without proof of purchase (Total $60). Qualifying Proof of Purchase for each unit claimed is required for all Claims for more than five (5) units of Benefiber Healthy Shape.
Only one Claim per household may be submitted. There is no limitation for the number of units with Qualifying Proof of Purchase.
* Settlement Payments are subject to a possible pro rata adjustment (upwards or downwards) depending on the number of timely and valid Claims submitted.
- If the total amount to be paid for eligible Claims exceeds the Net Settlement Fund (i.e., the amount remaining after any Court-approved Attorneys’ Fee, Cost, and Service Award, and Settlement Administration Costs are deducted), then each Eligible Claimant’s payment will be proportionately reduced on a pro rata basis.
- If the Net Settlement Fund is greater than the total amount to be paid for eligible Claims, then each Eligible Claimant’s payment will be proportionately increased on a pro rata basis such that the Net Settlement Fund is exhausted.
What’s the deadline to file a claim?
October 6, 2021.
What is a class action lawsuit settlement?
For example, a class action lawsuit is one with multiple plaintiffs. In other words, there are more than one person being represented by the lawsuit. In other words, a plaintiff or plaintiffs file the case on behalf of many people who were affected by aren’t involved in the actual suit. For example, if you purchased an item that was later determined to be involved in a class action lawsuit, you may be entitled to compensation. If you’re included in the class or group of people affected, then you can file a claim to receive money, coupons or replacement products.
But, each case is different, and each will specify who is included. In addition, class action lawsuits may require proof that you are part of the group of affected people. In this case, proof of purchase or other specified proof is needed. However, in some cases, no proof is required. In that case, you can file a claim without proving that you are part of the class of people affected. Of course, when you file a claim you are doing so under penalty of perjury. So, do not file if you do not qualify.
Want more like this?
Get ALL the money owed to you in all our Top 50 Class Action Lawsuits *HERE*!
Don’t miss another freebie! Get Instant Freebie Alerts here! Find the Newest Freebies posts here! Then, JOIN all of our FB Groups!