Dollar General Coupon Policy 2021
If you shop at Dollar General, then be sure you’re familiar with their current official coupon policy! Because, we have it in full, from when it was updated for 2020. In other words, Dollar General accepts coupons. So, if you want to use coupons there, then you need to know how it works. While you’re at it, bookmark our Dollar General Penny Item Master List! And, come back each week to see what’s new.
Of course, whenever you shop with coupons it’s a good idea to have the store’s coupon policy handy. Then, you can refer to it if there’s any question. Of course, the store should ahve copies. However, to ensure that you have access we have the full text of the coupon policy here. Additionally, we have a printable PDF version you can print out and carry with you.
Official: Dollar General Accepts Coupons
Dollar General has updated their official coupon policy from 2020. Don’t forget, you can get DG store coupons on their website and app! Of course, be sure to see our Dollar General Penny Item Master List for tips & tricks to penny shop!
This is the official Dollar General coupon policy in its entirety. Additionally, there’s a printable PDF version below (scroll down). As a result, you can save it and keep it with you when you shop. Of course, you can also pull up this page (bookmark it!) and refer to it on your phone.
Official Dollar General Coupon Policy (MOBILE VERSION)
At Dollar General, we are pleased to accept both Manufacturers’ Coupons and Dollar General Store coupons at any of our retail store locations. These coupons can be original paper coupons, valid print-at-home coupons, and/or Dollar General Digital Coupons (found at www.DollarGeneral.com/coupons or on the Dollar General App).
Dollar General WILL ACCEPT coupons that meet the requirements below:
- Must be original. Photocopies are not accepted.
- Must have a scannable barcode or a valid Dollar General promotion code that can be scanned by a DG store associate.
- Must have a visible and valid expiration date.
- Can be redeemed only for items sold at Dollar General, and can be redeemed only for the exact same item (package weight, size, etc.) unless otherwise specified.
- Limit of 5 identical coupons per household per day, if no limit specified on coupon.
- Coupons for free items are only accepted if a purchase is required to get one free. A Dollar General Coupon offer will always have a purchase requirement for free item offers.
- A maximum of two coupons will be allowed per item. To do this, one coupon must be a Manufacturer Coupon and the second coupon must be a Dollar General store coupon. This is allowable as long as neither coupon states that it is not valid with other coupons.
- Printed on valid Dollar General receipt tape paper.
Coupon Stacking IS ALLOWED in certain situations:
- Only one Manufacturer Coupon and one Dollar General Coupon can be used per item in a transaction. Stacking of 2 or more Manufacturer Coupons is not allowed.
- The stacking of 2 or more Dollar General coupons in a transaction is allowed unless otherwise noted on the coupon or associated promotional art.
- Unless labeled a DG Store Coupon in the Digital Coupon Gallery, DG Digital Coupons are Manufacturer Coupons.
- Manufacturer DG Digital Coupons cannot be combined with other types of Manufacturer Coupon on the same item in a single transaction.
- If there is a conflict between a DG Digital Coupon and a Paper Coupon for the same item, the first one applied will be counted toward the transaction and the other will not, regardless of value.
- Dollar General accepts coupons that have a face value that exceeds the price of the item to which the coupon applies.
- However, effective as of the most recent update to this policy, the discount received by the customer may not exceed the total pre-tax selling price (after all other discounts) of the item to which the coupon applies.
- Dollar General is in the process of converting its point of sale systems to a new platform that better supports this policy.
- Until that process is complete, customers in some stores may receive the full face value of a coupon even when it exceeds the pre-tax selling price of the applicable item.
- In such instances, the difference between the face value of the coupon and the pre-tax selling price (after all other discounts) of the item will be applied to the balance of the transaction. These coupon overages will not be given back at the end of the transaction as cash.
- Coupon overages cannot be applied to gift cards, pre-paid money cards, phone cards, alcohol, or tobacco.
- If you have questions regarding coupons at a specific store, please contact the store manager.
- Other restrictions may apply.
Dollar General will NOT accept coupons that are as follows:
- From other retailers.
- Pictures of any kind.
- Internet coupons without a scannable barcode, a Dollar General promotion code, or a visible and valid expiration date.
- For “free” items that do not require a purchase requirement (i.e., buy one get one free is acceptable).
- Manufacturer coupons that do not have a “remit to” address on the coupon.
- All coupon offers available only while quantities last.
- Dollar General does not match competitor ad prices.
- Dollar General does not double or multiply the value of coupons.
- Transactions cannot be broken up to avoid coupon stacking restrictions.
- Only one Dollar General Digital Coupon Account per person.
- In all situations, Dollar General reserves the right to:
- Limit purchase quantities to typical retail purchase quantities and to exclude resellers/dealers.
- Not accept coupons over a certain dollar amount. And, as well as above a certain threshold as it relates to the total transaction.
- Remove any coupon or offer for any reason, including both manufacturer coupons and store discounts.
Thank you for your business and for shopping Dollar General.
[End of Coupon Policy]
Printable Dollar General Coupon Policy PDF
Click this link for the Printable DG Coupon Policy pdf
How to Save Money at DG
In addition to using coupons, be sure to tune in as we share the Dollar General Penny Lists each week! Because, DG discounts items in effort to remove them from inventory. So, lucky shoppers can score tremendous deals on all kinds of products!
Do you shop at Dollar General on Tuesdays? If you don’t, then you should! Because, Tuesday is the day they usually have products for a PENNY! Of course, it’s typically on Tuesday, unless there’s a holiday.
More Dollar General Shopping Resources
If you need help identifying which things will penny, then read our Dollar General Penny Item Master List!
Of course, we also share surprise pennies when we find them! As a result, you can score penny finds without waiting until Tuesdays!
Additionally, be sure to watch for stores undergoing remodels! They are clearing out everything at HUGE discounts. Only remodeled stores have remodel sales. In other words, not all stores will have sales just because another store is remodelling.