Dollar General Penny List 1/12/2021
What’s the Dollar General Penny List? This is it! Bookmark our Dollar General Penny Item Master List! And come back each week to see what’s new.
If you spend $15 or more on P&G Products, then check your receipt for a $5 off your next purchase of $5.01 or more!
Holiday Markdowns (starting 1/12)
- Christmas Candy
- Holiday Air Care
- Holiday bakeware
- Holiday Pet items (50% off)
- Alpo Tbonz Ribeye 4.5 oz UPC 11132170882
- Alpo Tboz BF CHS 4.5 oz 11132171100
- Busy Bone Tiny 3 ct UPC 38100183972
- Dentalife Fresh LRG UPC 17800000369
- Dentalife Fresh Mini UPC 17800188869
- Wrapping paper
- Gift Sets
- Christmas Stationery/Party
- Christmas Seasonal
- Holiday apparel and socks
New Years Items ($0.25 each!)
- DG Party Squawkers Fringe 8 ct UPC 11179059057
- DG Party Air horn UPC 11179901555
- Unique Top Hat NYE UPC 11179525857
- DG Party Fringed Tiaras NYE 2020 4 ct UPC 11179353613
- 3-2-1 Party! 9” Plates New Years 8ct UPC 11179393053
- 3-2-1 Party! Lunch Napkins New Years 16 ct 11179393022
- and 3-2-1 Party! Twist Poppers New Years 3 ct 11179361496
- 3-2-1 Party! Flute Gold Glitter 4 ct 11179361502
- 3-2-1 Party! Bev Napkins Hello New Year 16 ct 11179392988
- and 3-2-1 Party! Bev Napkins Cheers NY 16 ct 11179392995
- NY 2021 9 in plate UPC 11179393053
- NY 2021 Lunch Napkins 11179393022
- and NY 2021 Twist Poppers 11179361496
- NY 2021 Champagne Flutes 11179361502
CURRENT PENNY LIST
Update: Surprise Pennies!
- Mr Coffee Coupa Cafe 13 oz Mug set assorted UPC 085081439079
- (will add throughout the week)
Tuesday, January 12, 2021
Of course, look for these items in DG Stores near you. This can vary by location, so we call it a YMMV (your mileage may vary – not everyone will find the same deals). Lastly, don’t forget to Bookmark our Dollar General Penny Item Master List! Then, you won’t miss all the penny items including the surprise pennies!
- Halloween items (we’ll add to this list as we find more)
- Halloween wine tumbler with lid – assorted
- Leop Costume Kit Halloween Costume Kit Inst Animal 1 ct
- Palmer’s Pumpkin Pie Pretzels 3.5 oz
These may penny on Tuesday, but watch the expiration dates!
- Hostess Holiday Cake MP Cupcake Cakes 8-ct 12.7 oz UPC 888109111106
- Hostess Holiday Snoballs Hostess Sno Balls 6 ct 10.5 oz UPC 888109111557
- Hostess Mint Chocolate T Hostess Twinkies 10 ct 1 oz UPC 888109114114
Be sure to check the older Dollar General Penny lists! We’ve been seeing older pennies showing up when they find them in the back and put them out! If you don’t scan, you won’t know! Here are a few…
- S20cl Microfiber Flipmop O’Cedar Flip Mop UPC 810020410761
- s20cl Microfiber Twst Mo O-cedar Twist Mop OCedar MicroTwist mop UPC 810020410778
Need help identifying which things will penny? Read our Dollar General Penny Item Master List!
Extra tip: Be sure to watch for stores undergoing remodels! They are clearing out everything at HUGE discounts. Only those stores being remodeled are having those sales. Of course, some of these things have pennied previously. But, check if you’re there!
What is Dollar General Penny List?
How Can You Get Products for a Penny?
Tips: Get there early! Try getting to the store right when they open on Tuesday (or whichever day it is, based on your location and whether Tuesday was a Holiday). And don’t forget, you can get DG store coupons on their website and app! Of course, be sure to see our Dollar General Penny Item Master List for tips & tricks to penny shop!
Why Penny Items Clearance?
Penny Items at Dollar General have either been hard to sell, are discontinued products or after Holiday close outs. Maybe in some areas a certain product doesn’t sell. For example, DG will mark them down in steps, all the way down to 90% off clearance. Then, if there’s any left, they discount them to a penny. Often, manufacturers will stop making a certain product. Maybe it’s Tide and they want to change the scent. Or, maybe they change the size of the product. Either way, they’ll discontinue the old version. And as a result, they’ll close them out all the way down to the 1¢ sale. Of course, Holiday close-outs are popular in most stores. For example, after Valentine’s Day, stores close out chocolates and candy, and other holiday-themed items at a step-down sale discount. In other words, they’ll start at maybe 50% off, and after a set amount of time they’ll increase the discount to 75% off and so on. It’s at the end of those mark-downs that the penny items happen! The reason DG discounts all the way to a penny is to alert sales associates that it’s time to pull the merchandise from store shelves, to be donated to places such as Goodwill, or to be destroyed.