Dollar General Penny List 9/8/2020
What’s the Dollar General Penny List? This is it! Bookmark our Dollar General Penny Item Master List! And come back each week to see what’s new.
CURRENT PENNY LIST
Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2020
Of course, look for these items in DG Stores near you. This can vary by location, so we call it a YMMV (your mileage may vary – not everyone will find the same deals).
All Summer BBQ is 90% off!
- JARRITOS BEVERAGES VARIETY PCK 12 CT – 430001285111
- SKITTLES FREEZER BARS SKITTLES 10 CT – 72392636914
- SONIC FREEZER BARS SONIC 10 CT – 72392614912
- POP ICE FREEZER BARS PATRIOT POPS 20 CT – – 72392930951
- HEINZ SAUCE HONEYRACHA 20.2 oz – 13000001045
- GEORGE AND TOM ICE CREAM CAKE CUPS 12 CT – 41583712126
- ARIZONA GREEN TEA 23oz – 400029612336
- AZ SWEET TEA SOUTHERN STYLE 23oz – 400029612589
- ARIZONA ARNOLD PALMER 23oz – 400029613401
- FUN SWEETS COTTON CANDY SPRING 1.5 oz – 720464710122
- WYLER’S ITALIAN ICE ORIG. 6 CT 2 oz – 72392948062
- SLUSH PUPPIE SLUSH BARS AST 10 CT 1 oz – 400025498552
- WARHEADS FREEZER BARS 10 CT 1 oz – 400000011127
- WYLER’S ITALIAN ICE BERRY & CHERRY 6 CT2 oz -72392947065
- ARIZONA MUCH MANGO 23 oz – 613008719487
- KOOL-AID BURST TROPICAL PUNCH 6 PCK 6.75 oz – 430000377688
- KOOL-AID BURST BERRY BLUE 6 PCK 6.75 oz – 430000377695
- SLUSH PUPPY FREEZER POUCH STRAWBERRY 1 CT – 898806002423
- WELCHS FREEZER POPS AST. 12 CT 2 oz – 64331382136
Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2020, cont.
- SLUSH PUPPY FREEZER POUCH GRAPE 1 CT – 898806002812
- JOLLY RANCHER FREEZER BARS AST. 20 CT 1.5 oz – 72392632213
- OTTER POPS ICE BARS BEACH BREAKER 20 CT – 72392850259
- KOOL-AID JAMMERS SUMMER BLAST 10 PCK 6 oz – 43000080924
- KOOL-AID FREEZER POPS 20 CT – 43000084274
- SPARKLING ICE FLAVORED WATER FRUIT PUNCH 17 oz – 16571954369
- SPARKLING ICE FLAVORED WATER LEMON LIME 17 oz – 16571246112
- CLOVER VALLEY WATER ALKALINE 1L 33.81 oz – 813962169032
- PRINGLES CHIPS CHKN & WAFFLE 5.5 oz – 38000237003
- SKITTLES AMERICAN MIX SUP 15.6 oz – 22000279828
- KISKO FREEZE POPS AST. 30 CT 0.75 oz – 64331757903
- WELCHS FREEZER POPS TROPIICAL 12 CT 2 oz – 64331382134
- GUY FIERI BBQ SAUCE ORG. 13 oz – 876045004200
- KOOL-AID JAMMERS MYSTERY 10CT 16.2 oz – 43000086605
- SLUSH PUPPY FREEZER POUCH BLUE RASPBERRY 1 CT – 898806002409
- SLUSH PUPPY FREEZER POUCH CHERRY 1 CT – 898806002416
- JUICY JUICE FREEZER BARS 10 CT – 72392607013
- SUNKIST FREEZER BARS SMOOTHIE 10 CT – 72392624218
- WYLER’S LIGHT DRINK MIX LEMONADE 18 CT – 72392347728
- WYLER’S LIGHT DRINK MIX PEACH TEA 18 CT – 72392347773
Need help identifying which things will penny? Read our Dollar General Penny Item Master List!
Extra tip: Be sure to watch for stores undergoing remodels! They are clearing out everything at HUGE discounts. Only those stores being remodeled are having those sales. Of course, some of these things have pennied previously. But, check if you’re there!
What is Dollar General Penny List?
How Can You Get Products for a Penny?
Tips: Get there early! Try getting to the store right when they open on Tuesday (or whichever day it is, based on your location and whether Tuesday was a Holiday). And don’t forget, you can get DG store coupons on their website and app! Of course, be sure to see our Dollar General Penny Item Master List for tips & tricks to penny shop!
Why Penny Items Clearance?
Penny Items at Dollar General have either been hard to sell, are discontinued products or after Holiday close outs. Maybe in some areas a certain product doesn’t sell. For example, DG will mark them down in steps, all the way down to 90% off clearance. Then, if there’s any left, they discount them to a penny. Often, manufacturers will stop making a certain product. Maybe it’s Tide and they want to change the scent. Or, maybe they change the size of the product. Either way, they’ll discontinue the old version. And as a result, they’ll close them out all the way down to the 1¢ sale. Of course, Holiday close-outs are popular in most stores. For example, after Valentine’s Day, stores close out chocolates and candy, and other holiday-themed items at a step-down sale discount. In other words, they’ll start at maybe 50% off, and after a set amount of time they’ll increase the discount to 75% off and so on. It’s at the end of those mark-downs that the penny items happen! The reason DG discounts all the way to a penny is to alert sales associates that it’s time to pull the merchandise from store shelves, to be donated to places such as Goodwill, or to be destroyed.