Free Access to National Parks for 5th Graders
Here’s an offer for those 4th graders that was unable to take advantage of their free pass for the 2019-2020 school year due to COVID. The National Park Service has been generous enough to extend this free pass to 5th graders for the rest of the school year.
For the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year, U.S. fifth graders can bring their families to national parks, wildlife refuges and other Department of the Interior managed public lands and waters for free!
How it works
Many 4th graders missed out on using their Every Kid Outdoors Annual 4th Grade Pass during the 2019-2020 school year. A new voucher is now available for 5th-grade students for the rest of the school year!
With this voucher, 5th graders and their families will have free access to national parks and other federal lands managed by the Department of the Interior from October 28, 2020, through August 31, 2021.
Get your voucher
- Download the 5th grade voucher directly from the National Parks Service website (1.04MB PDF).
- Print the voucher and keep it in a safe place until you are ready to use it.
- Plan your visit to a national park, wildlife refuge, or other federal lands
- Show your voucher to a ranger when you enter. If there is no ranger, leave it on the dashboard of your car.
Plan your visit
Currently, the 5th-grade voucher is only valid on Department of the Interior lands, which include:
- National Park Service
- Fish and Wildlife Service
- Bureau of Land Management
- Bureau of Reclamation