Free Bookmark by Mail: Prevent Tickborne Diseases
If you want to stay safe from ticks this year, then get this! It’s a laminated bookmark to help remind how to prevent tickborne diseases.
Request This Offer
Step one is preventing a tick from biting you!
- Wear repellent
- Check for ticks daily
- Shower soon after being outdoors
- Call your doctor if you get a fever or rash following a tick bite
How to remove a tick
- Use fine-tipped tweezers to grasp the tick as close to the skin surface as possible.
- Pull upward slowly with a steady, even pressure to remove the tick. Avoid twisting or jerking.
- Clean the bite area and your hands with rubbing alcohol, iodine scrub, or soap and water.
Important Notes to prevent Tick Borne Disease
- Remove the tick as soon as possible.
- If tick mouthparts remain in skin, leave them alone. in most cases they will fall out in a few days.
- Don’t use nail polish, petroleum jelly or a hot match to make the tick detach.
- If you develop a fever or rash within several weeks of removing a tick, see your doctor. Be sure to tell the doctor about your recent tick bite, when the bite occurred, and where you most likely acquired the tick.
Front: Tick bite prevention tips Back: Tick removal instructions Laminated. 2×6 inch