FREE Samples from Amazon! SAY Send Me a Sample!
If you love freebies, then don’t miss this! When they’re live, they go really fast. So, set it up now and be ready.
It’s easy! Whenever you see a brand featuring the Send Me a Sample logo on Amazon, just say “Alexa, ask Send Me a Sample” and your product sample of choice will be delivered straight to your door, completely free.
You only need to set this up once. Then, you’ll be ready to order samples as they become available! Get ready!
FIRST STEP: Create Your Send Me a Sample Account
Head on over to Send Me a Sample, and set up your free account on their website. Then, connect it to your voice app (either Alexa or Google Assistant – or both) in the second step, below.
SECOND STEP: Set Up Your Voice Assistant
How to Set Up a Skill in Amazon’s Alexa app
Before you get started, load the free app Alexa or Google Assistant app from the Apple App store or Google Play.
- iPhone users, add the Alexa – Send Me a Sample – skill for iPhone (click here). You should actually install both Alexa AND Google Assistant, because some samples are for one or the other.
- If you are using an Android device, add the Google Assistant – Send Me a Sample – skill for Android (click here). The instructions below are for iPhone, but Android is similar. Just follow the prompts. With Google Assistant, make sure to ask it to Send You A Sample now, so it can link your account to your Google Assistant.
Set Up Your Voice Assistant
1. After installing it, open the free Alexa app or Google Assistant app on your phone. And, set up your Send Me a Sample account by tapping on the three lines at the top left of screen and going to the ACTIVITY screen in your app .
2. After that, tap ‘link account.’ It will take you to login page where you can create an account. Of course, this is not your amazon login. If you don’t already have a Send Me A Sample Account, then make one now.
3. Next, set up your Send Me a Sample account. It’s separate from your Amazon account and you should use a different password.
4. After setting up your account, you’ll see that you’re successfully linked.
5. Confirm by clicking the link in the email they will send you.
6. Finally, you can ask Alexa in app for a sample after you’re all set up. Of course, she will ask which sample you want so be sure to be specific. If you say something like, “what do you have” she will tell you there are no samples. But, if you ask for a specific product available at that time, she will confirm that she’s having it sent to you.
Keep in mind that offers are limited, so be quick. Set everything up now so you’re ready.
Also, when signing up, the address order is different than we typically see so pay careful attention to which field you’re entering.
Get your freebie
Once it’s all set up, watch for sampling opportunities. They’re usually very limited, so be quick! When you see a new sample, just open your Alexa or Google Assistant app and say, “hey Alexa, Send me a Sample,” or, “hey Google, Send me a Sample.” Then, they’ll respond and ask what you want. Be specific with the name of the product being offered and they’ll respond that your sample is on the way!