Is McDonald’s Really Giving Free Kids Meals?
A few days ago this image started circulating on social media. Because, people were excited to learn that McDonald’s was giving free kids meals! This was in response to schools closing for the Coronavirus pandemic.
Of course, schools closing resulted in some kids not getting breakfast and lunch, which they’d normally get at school.
So, it is true? Is McDonalds really giving free meals to school-age kids?
- McDonald’s is giving away free lunches to kids during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- An image began circulating, suggesting that McDonald’s restaurants were giving kids free meals.
- McD’s is offering all school-age children a free meal. Choices: hamburger, cheeseburger, or four-piece chicken nuggets, as well as a small fry, apple sauce or yogurt.
Findings (What is True and What is False):
- What is true: a few McDonalds in one area are giving free meals.
- However, this is not a Nationwide offer. Not all McDonalds are giving free lunch to school kids.
- Of course, you could check with your local restaurant. Because, they may decide to join the free lunch giveaway.
- Alternatively, Burger King is offering free kids meals nationwide.
This offer is partly true in that yes, a few McDonalds locations North Carolina announced in March 2020 that they will provide free lunches to school-age children. However, the offer is being shared without location information which makes it seem like it’s nationwide. It is not nationwide, and it is not available everywhere.
While this is not a fake freebie, it is somewhat misleading – or at least missing information.
What’s a Fake Freebie?
To stay safe we highly recommend that you read our Big List of Fakes and learn how to protect yourself on every single freebie you sign up for. Read also: Getting Started with Gimmie.
Stay safe online with Gimmie’s Big List of Fake Freebies to Avoid!
We are the home of the Gimmie’s Big List of Fake Freebies to Avoid. We research all samples before we share to keep you safe online. You may not realize it, but scammers and spammers are notorious for posting fake offers. There are lots of reasons why people post fake freebies, but usually it is about money. They build up a website or Facebook fanpage and then sell it for profit. Or, they take your info submitted in their alleged freebie form, and sell it to Spammers.