List of Haircare Products with Formaldehyde Releaser
Indeed, Unilever, makers of Tresemme haircare products, is being sued in a class action lawsuit over this chemical. In other words, products claim a keratin formula to smooth hair, add softness and shine, and prevent frizzing and tangling. Additionally, these products “deeply nourish,” “gently cleanse,” and “repair hair”. Above all, they allege, the products actually causes hair loss and/or scalp irritation. Furthermore, they allege that it contains formaldehyde, a known carcinogen (which means it causes cancer). As a result, many people are looking at the ingredients in their haircare. Therefore, we’ve shared this reference list of haircare products below.
What is DMDM Hydantoin?
In short, the products listed below contain DMDM Hydantoin which is a formaldehyde releaser. Of course, Formaldehyde is known to cause cancer. However, the amount contained in each product listed below varies a lot. So, we’ll show you how to get more information on the products you care about.
Again, this lawsuit is not settled by the courts. Subsequently, Unilever, the maker of Tresemme, has not been found at fault and has admitted no wrongdoing.
Why is DMDM Hyantoin bad?
For instance, here’s a quick look at all the haircare products that contain DMDM Hydantoin according to ewg.com. Similarly, DMDM Hydantoin is the ingredient which is in TRESemme. Likewise, this chemical’s presence has landed Treseme in a lawsuit. Because, supposedly specific keratin products causes hair to fall out, among other things.
Hence, the list below is a heads up that these products are listed as containing this ingredient. On the contrary, we are not saying they are definitely all cancer causing. Since, they’re not all involved in the Tresemme Lawsuit over allegedly causing scalp irritation, may cause cancer and makes hair fall out.
In any case, to learn more about that Tresemme Class Action Lawsuit, follow the link to our article. Specifically, two TRESemmé shampoos: Keratin Hair Smoothing and TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Color are named. Hence, Plaintiffs allege they cause hair to fall out, scalp irritation, and have cancer-causing chemicals in them. Accordingly, if you purchased these products you may be able to claim a refund.
In fact, you can learn more about the levels of DMDM Hydantoin in these products. As has been noted, you can visit ewg.com to find the levels of concern for each product, too. For example, some of the products listed here are of very low concern. And, they may not be concerning at all unless you have specific allergies. What’s more, you’ll know exactly where the products you care about stand on this subject.
In this case, you may do your own research at ewg.com.
Shampoo Products Containing DMDM Hydantoin (Formaldehyde Releaser)
- Silky Experiences Moisturizing Shampoo, Island Coconut.
- Invigorating Rush Hair + Body Wash.
AXE 2 in 1
- Shampoo & Conditioner, Dual.
- Anti Dandruff Shampoo + Conditioner.
- Shampoo + Conditioner Hair Phoenix, Crushed Mint & Rosemary Scent.
- Apollo Sage & Cedarwood Scent 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner.
- Hair Gold Wash & Style With Style Control Technology Instant Control Shampoo.
- Total Fresh 3 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner + Body Wash.
Bed Head Tigi Urban Anti+dotes
- Re Energize Shampoo.
- Recovery Shampoo.
- Resurrection Shampoo.
- Fuzzy Logic Strengthening Shampoo.
Still, some of the products listed here are of very low concern. As a result, they may not be concerning at all unless you have specific allergies. In summary, you may follow the link below to find exactly how yours rates.
- CareOne Medicated Dandruff Shampoo With Menthol.
- Lisa’s Hair Elixir Shampoo.
- Signature Shampoo.
- Fresh & Clean Fortifying Shampoo + Conditioner.
- Thick & Strong Fortifying Shampoo + Conditioner.
DOVE Nourishing Rituals
- Shampoo, Coconut & Hydration.
DOVE Nutritive Solutions
- Coconut & Hydration Shampoo.
- Daily Moisture Shampoo.
- Oxygen Moisture Shampoo.
- Oxygen Moisture.
- Purifying Shampoo, Aloe Grapefruit.
- Anti Residue Shampoo.
- Clean & Pure Nourishing Detox Shampoo.
- Frizz Defy Active Control Shampoo With Elastin Protein.
- Damage Remedy + Coconut Miracle Oil Shampoo.
- Detoxifying + Pomegranate & Ginger Shampoo.
- Ever Straightening + Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo.
- Hydrate & Repair + Argan Oil of Morocco Shampoo.
- Nicole Guerriero Shampoo, Mistletoe Wishes.
- Quenching + Coconut Curls Shampoo.
- Shampoo, Frosted Sugar Cookie.
- Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo.
With this in mind, some of the products listed here are of very low concern. Further, they may not be concerning at all unless you have specific allergies. To sum up, you may research it at the website listed below.
- Moisture Luxury Shampoo.
- Daily Clarifying Shampoo.
- Ocean Breeze Shampoo.
- Tropical Coconut Shampoo.
- Juicy Green Apple Shampoo.
- 2 in 1 Plus Shampoo & Conditioner.
- Coconut Oil Infusion Damage Repair Shampoo.
- Color Protection Shampoo.
- Intense Damage Repair Shampoo.
- Invigorating Clean Rosemary + Mint Shampoo.
- Keratin Infusion Smoothing Shampoo.
- Men 2-in-1 Alpine Fresh Shampoo + Conditioner.
- Men 2-in-1 Classic Clean Anti Dandruff Shampoo + Conditioner.
- Moisturizing Shampoo, Almond + Shea Butter.
- Shampoo, Natural Rosemary+mint.
- Smoothing Shampoo, Avocado + Olive Oil.
- Beach Formula Shampoo.
- Shampoo, Blonde Formula.
TIGI Bed Head
- Urban Antidotes, Shampoo, Resurrection.
- Moisture Maniac Moisturizing Shampoo.
- Urban Anti+dotes Shampoo.
Particularly, some of the products listed here are of very low concern. Therefore, they may not be concerning at all unless you have specific allergies. After all, you may do your own research at the website linked below.
- 24 Hour Body, Healthy Volume Shampoo.
- Advanced Technology Healthy Volume Shampoo.
- Anti-Breakage Strengthening Shampoo.
- Botanique Nourish & Replenish Pro Collection Shampoo, Coconut & Aloe Vera.
- Color Revitalize Protection Shampoo.
- Damage Protect Shampoo.
- Flawless Curls Shampoo.
- Keratin Smooth Color With Moroccan Oil Pro Collection Shampoo.
- Moisture Rich Moisture Rich, Luxurious Moisture Shampoo.
- Moisture Rich Shampoo.
- Purity & Replenish, Deep Cleanse Shampoo.
- Repair & Protect 7 Pro-Collection Shampoo.
- Touchable Softness Smooth & Silky Shampoo.
- Avocado & Argan Coconut Oil Shampoo.
- 3 in 1 Shampoo, Conditioner & Body Wash, Strawberry Banana.
- Shampoo, Conditioner & Body Wash, Cherry Berry.
In summary, some of the products listed here are of very low concern. So, visit ewg.com to find the specific levels of concern each product has. For example, some products are of no concern unless you have specific allergies. For this reason, you will want to further research the products you care about.