MASSIVE Onion Recall *Updated* to Include Dozens of Prepackaged Foods! Salmonella Outbreaks in All 50 States!
Check your pantry! There is a voluntary recall on certain white, yellow, and red onions! Thomson International Inc. issued a voluntary recall of many onion varieties, including its red, yellow, white, and sweet onions due to potential salmonella risk. The recall includes all of these products shipped since May 1, which have been distributed “to wholesalers, restaurants, and retail stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Canada.
This includes bagged fresh onions as well as products that contain onions!
UPDATE: now over 650 people have become sick, and 85 hospitalized.
Which Onions are Included in the Recall?
Onions were distributed to wholesalers, restaurants, and retail stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Canada.
Fresh onions packaging includes:
- 5 lbs. carton
- 10 lbs. carton
- 25 lbs. carton
- 40 lbs. carton
- 50 lbs. carton
- 2 lb. mesh sacks
- 3 lb. mesh sacks
- 5 lb. mesh sacks
- 10 lb. mesh sacks
- 25 lbs. mesh sacks
- 50 lbs. mesh sacks
Under the brand names:
- Thomson Premium
- TLC Thomson International
- Tender Loving Care
- El Competitor
- Hartley’s Best
- Onions 52
- Imperial Fresh
- Utah Onions
- Food Lion
Additionally, the following retailers have initiated recalls for onions linked to the Thomson, International, Inc. recall:
- (red onions, packaged by Del Monte Fresh Produce, N.A., Inc. and sold in bulk merchandise displays in AL, GA, NC, SC, TN, and VA)
- Giant Eagle (red, yellow and white onions sold in produce departments in PA, OH, WV, IN and MD)
Products Containing Recalled Onions
Giant Eagle’s onion recall also included select prepared foods items purchase since July 25, 2020 that include onion as an ingredient. Impacted items include:
|TUSCAN CHICKEN SALAD||20500200000|
|MD CAPRESE SALAD||20660900000|
|CHICKPEA & CARROT SALAD GREEK DRESSING||20686300000|
|SPINACH SALAD WITH RANCH DRESSING||20730400000|
|GREEN BEAN PORTABELLA||21660900000|
|HALF ITALIAN SUB||21665100000|
|CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD||22657400000|
|MD BLT SALAD||22657700000|
|MD BUFFALO CHICKEN SALAD||22658400000|
|COUNTRY STYLE PASTA SALAD FRENCH DRESSING||22658500000|
|GREEK SALAD LARGE||22660900000|
|MD GREEK SALAD WITH GREEK DRESSING||22665100000|
|MD G&G GREEK SALAD||22667100000|
|GE EGG & BACON SALAD WITH FRENCH DRESSING||23657100000|
|MD PHILLY STYLE STEAK STROMBOLI COLD||23660700000|
|CAJUN STYLE CHICKEN MEAL||23662500000|
|MD GREEK SALAD WITH BALSAMIC DRESSING||23676600000|
|STUFFING BALLS S0678/1602||24658700000|
|22INCH ITALIAN HOAGIE||24659500000|
|SPECIALTY 12″ ITALIAN HOAGIE||24660600000|
|CHEESEBURGER PIZZA SLICE||25048600000|
|PHILLY STEAK PIZZA SLICE||25049300000|
|PIEROGIE LASAGNA ROLL UP||25049400000|
|HOMEMADE MACARONI SALAD||25060700000|
|12″ DELUXE PIZZA||25065000000|
|DELUXE ITALIAN PARTY HOAGIE||25067800000|
|VEGETABLE PIZZA SLICE||25070900000|
|12″ VEGETABLE PIZZA||25071800000|
|SHEET VEGETABLE PIZZA||25085100000|
|STUFFED BONE IN CHICKEN BREAST GOURMET||25086400000|
|STUFFED BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST GOURMET||25086700000|
|STUFFED TURKEY BREAST GOURMET||25086800000|
|POTATO AND CHEESE PIEROGIES||25089000000|
|COLD ITALIAN HERO, 12″||25089400000|
|ITALIAN HERO, 6″, COLD||25093400000|
|SPINACH DIP DELI SERVICE CASE||25118000000|
|SPINACH DIP GRAB & GO||25118500000|
|MD EGG & BACON SALAD WITH LITE BALSAMIC DRESS||25118600000|
|SANDWICH TOPPERS PLATTER -UP TO 25 SANDWICHES||25139600000|
|SAUSAGE PEPPERS AND ONIONS OVER PENNE||27697700000|
|MD S&F: SMOKE-STACKED SANDWICH||27751700000|
|CALIFORNIA COBB – SMALL||28659400000|
|Store Name||Product Description||UPC||Best If Used By Date||Lot Codes||Products Shipped to Select Stores in These States|
|Kroger||Taylor Farms Macaroni Salad, 9.9 oz. container||030223015642||8/5/2020|
|Kroger||Taylor Farms Rotini Pasta Salad, 10 oz. container||030223002789||8/5/2020|
|Kroger||Taylor Farms Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwich, 6.25 oz.||03223028611||8/3/2020|
|Walmart||Marketside Diced Yellow Onion 3/8″, 8 oz. tray||681131328739||8/11/2020||TFD212||CO, IA, IL, KS, MO, ND, NE, OK, SD|
|Walmart||Marketside Diced Mirepoix, 10 oz. tray||681131276511||8/10/2020||TFD212||CO, IA, IL, KS, MO, ND, NE, OK, SD|
|Walmart||Marketside Fajita Stir Fry, 8 oz. tray||681131093026||8/10/2020||TFD212||CO, IA, IL, KS, MO, ND, NE, OK, SD|
|Walmart||Taylor Farms Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwich, 6.25 oz.||030223110095||8/4/2020|
Ready-to-Eat Meat and Poultry Products Containing Recalled Onions
- FSIS Public Health Alert For Ready-to-Eat Meat and Poultry Products Containing FDA-Regulated Onions that have been Recalled
The following products are subject to the public health alert:
Ready to Eat RTE meat and poultry items produced by Taylor Farms on July 30 and 31, 2020: [View Label (PDF only)]
- 7.25-oz. plastic sealed container labeled as “Sausage Breakfast Scramble Bowl” with lot code TFD212AU8 and TFD213AU8.
- 6.2-oz. plastic sealed container labeled as “Taylor Farms Cheddar Cheese & Chicken Salad Snack Tray” with use by date 08/06/20 or 08/07/20 and lot code TFD212AU7 and TFD213AU7.
- 41.35-oz. plastic bags containing “Chicken Salad” with use by date 08/04/20 or 08/05/20 and lot codes TFD212AU8 and TFD213AU8.
- 10-oz. plastic sealed container labeled as “Chicken Salad Deli Snack” with lot codes TFD212AU3 and TFD213AU3 with best by dates 08/06/2020 or 08/07/2020.
- 7.75-oz. plastic sealed container labeled as “H.E.B. Shake Rattle Bowl SOUTHWEST SALAD with CHICKEN” and a best if used by date of “Aug 10/2020 and lot code TFD213AU20.
- 17.25-oz. plastic sealed container labeled as “Marketside SOUTHWEST STYLE SALAD WITH CHICKEN” with a best if used by date of 08/11/20 or 08/12/2020 and lot codes TFD212AU26 or TFD213AU26.
The products bear the establishment number “P-34733″ or “34733” inside the USDA mark of inspection or printed on the container. These products were shipped to retail locations in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas
RTE meat items produced by Amana Meat Shop and Smokehouse on May 14, 2020, June 2, 18, and 29, 2020 and July 2, 9, 21, 2020:
- 1.25-lb quart jar containing “AMANA MEAT SHOP AND SMOKEHOUSE HAM WATER ADDED IN VINEGAR PICKLE” and lot codes E2620, F0320, F3720, F5420, G0620, G1720 and G3920.
The products bear the establishment number “EST. 2357” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These products were shipped to retail locations in California, Illinois, Iowa, and South Carolina, and were also available for mail orders.
What Should You Do?
If you have purchased onions listed below, do not consume them! If you are not certain of the brand, they recommend that you dispose of the onions.
Don’t miss another freebie! Get Instant Freebie Alerts here! Claim the Newest Freebies here! Then, JOIN all of our FB Groups!
Source – U.S. Food and Drug Adminstration