Senior Discounts! 150+ BEST Senior Citizen Savings Roundup
If you love saving money, then senior discounts are a great way to get more! So, we’ve listed over a hundred establishments with senior discounts here. From Applebee’s to McDonald’s and Kroger, we share not only age requirement but the discounts they offer. In addition we’ll show you several AARP discounts available with a membership. The good news is there’s no age restriction and it only costs $12 for the first year, then $16 each year after that. Even though this list is updated regularly, we recommend that you call ahead to double check with your location. After all, who said getting old had to be a bad thing? Due to the fact that saving money is in style at any age! Finally, mature patrons can enjoy discounts from restaurants, retail, grocery, and more! So, head on over to the places listed here and ask about your senior discount!
Senior Discount Age?
Our readers ask, What is the senior discount age? Certainly, many people think you have to be age 65 and older to be a senior citizen. But, some retailers and restaurants give discounts to those as young as age 50! It really all depends on their local policy. And AARP is even better, because anyone can get their membership!
How Old Do You Have to Be to Get AARP Discounts?
Some of the discounts in our list are from AARP. And, AARP seems like a senior discount. But, actually AARP has no age restrictions! Most people probably think you have to be age 50 or order to join, but that’s not the case. Anyone at any age can join AARP, and get their membership discounts. The first year AARP membership is $12, and after that it’s $16 a year. Several of the Senior Discounts listed are AARP membership discounts. To use your AARP discount, simply show your membership card. For the most current and up-to-date AARP discounts, please check your membership with them.
Restaurant Senior Discounts
- Applebees: 10-15% off your bill with Golden Apple Card, which is free to get! (Age 60+)
- Arby’s: 10% off and possibly a free drink (55+)
- A&W Senior Discount All American Food: 10% Senior discount varies by location.
- Backyard Burger: Free drink with purchase
- Ben & Jerry’s: 10% off (60+)
- Bennigan’s: Get a discount off your meal, but price varies per location. So, contact your local Bennigan’s for discounts.
- Bob’s Big Boy: Enjoy a discounted meal, and price varies per location. So, contact your local Big Boy for discount percentages. (60+)
- Bonefish Grill: AARP members save 10% on food and nonalcoholic beverages. Dine-in only.
- Boston Market: Enjoy 10% off your meal. (65+)
- Bubba Gump Shrimp: AARP Members save 10% on food and nonalcoholic beverages. 10% off for Military.
- Burger King Senior Discount: 10% off and possible drink/coffee discounts (60+)
- Captain D’s: Senior Day is on Wednesday. Savings vary by location. (62+)
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill: AARP Members save 10% on food and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Carrows: Golden 55 Menu, discounted breakfast, lunch & dinner (55+)
- Chart House: AARP Members save 10% on food and nonalcoholic beverages.
- : 10% off or a free drink (55+)
- Chili’s 10% off (55+)
- CiCi’s Pizza: 10% off (60+)
- Claim Jumpers: AARP Members save 10% on food and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Corky’s Homestyle Kitchen & Bakery: senior menu AND a Senior’s Frequent Diner Card (buy 9 get 1 free) (55+)
- Corner Bakery Cafe: AARP Members save 10% at participating locations.
- Country Kitchen: senior menu (55+)
- Culver’s: 10% off (60+)
- Dairy Queen: 10% off or free small drink (60+). Price varies per location, contact your local Dairy Queen for discount percentages.
- Denny’s: AARP discounts for Members – save 15% on their check all day, every day at participating locations.
- Dunkin’ Donuts Senior Discount: AARP members receive a free donut with the purchase of a large or XL beverage (at participating restaurants)
- Einstein Bagels: 10% off Baker’s Dozen Bagels (60+)
- El Pollo Loco: 10% senior discount (60+), 15% military discount
- Fazoli’s: Join “Club 62” for special senior menu items (62+)
- Friendly’s Restaurants: 10% off meal with free coffee at breakfast or free small sundae during non-breakfast hours
- Fuddrucker’s: 10% off ANY senior platter (55+)
- Hardee’s: 33 cent beverages, and some locations offer 10% off entire bill.
- IHOP: Great discounts on senior menu items (55+)
- Jack in the Box: up to 20% off (55+)
- KFC: Free small drink with the purchase of a main dish at Kentucky Fried Chicken (55+)
- Krispy Kreme Senior Discount: 10% off (50+) (age and discount varies depending on location).
- Landry’s Inc: AARP Members save 10% on their check every day at participating restaurants, including Aquarium®, Babin’s Katy, Brick House Tavern & Tap®, Cadillac Bar®, Charley’s Crab®, Fish Tales, The Flying Dutchman®, Gandy Dancer®, Grand Concourse, Grotto®, Joe’s Crab Shack®, Lighthouse Buffet, Meriwether’s®, Mitchell’s Fish Market®, Peohe’s®, River Crab Blue Water Inn, Rusty Pelican®, Simms Steakhouse, T-Rex® Cafe, Willie G’s® Seafood & Steaks, and Yak & Yeti® Restaurant.
- Landry’s Seafood: AARP Members save 10% on food and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Long John Silver’s: Various discounts at participating locations. Contact your local Long John Silver’s for discounts. (55+)
- McCormick & Schmick’s: AARP Members save 10% of their check.
- McDonald’s: discounts on coffee every day (55+)
- Mrs. Fields: 10% off at participating locations (60+)
- The Oceanaire® Seafood Room: AARP Members save 10% on food and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Outback Steakhouse: AARP Members save 10% on food and nonalcoholic beverages. Dine-in only.
- Old Country Buffet: Daily discounts for seniors (55+)
- The Old Spaghetti Factory: Spaghetti Factory “Senior Menu” offers a discounted list of menu items verified
- Papa John’s Senior Discount: varies by store; ask your local PJs.
- Perkins Senior Discount: Fifty-Five Plus menu Offers special deals (55+)
- Polo Tropical: 10% off (50+)
- Ponderosa Steak Houses: Senior Discounts available (60+)
- Rainforest Cafe: AARP Members save 10% on food and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Richie Roman’s Barbecue: 10% off
- Saltgrass Steak House®: AARP Members save 10% on food and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Shoney’s: 10% off with “Golden Age Club” (60+)
- Sizzler: “Honored Guest Menu” (60+)
- Sonic: 10% off or free beverage (60+)
- Steak ‘n Shake: 10% off every Monday and Tuesday (50+)
- Subway: 10% off (60+)
- Sweet Tomatoes: Senior Meal Deal: $8.29 (includes beverage) from 2-5pm, Mon-Friday. (62+)
- Souplantation Senior Discounts: Senior Meal deals Mon-Thu 2-5pm $7.99 all you can eat including fountain beverage and/or coffee. All other times 10% off (60+)
- sweetFrog Premium Frozen Yogurt: AARP Members save 15% on all in-store purchases of frozen yogurt, treats, apparel, and 15% on gift cards purchased online.
- Taco Bell: 5% off, Free drink with purchase of a meal (60+)
- TCBY: 10% off (55+)
- Tea Room Cafe: 10% off for seniors (50+)
- Traditions Restaurant (East TX): Senior platter meal for $4.71 (50+)
- Uno Pizzaria & Grill: “Double Nickel Club” 25% off on Wednesday (55+)
- Village Inn: 10% off (60+)
- Waffle House: 10% off every Monday, for Waffle House Senior Day (60+)
- Wendy’s Senior Discount: FREE Coffee or Any Drink (no purchase required) at some locations (Verified in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota), or 10% off – varies by location (55+)
- Whataburger: Free 8oz coffee or small soft drink with meal purchase. (55+)
- White Castle: 10% off (62+). Must have the White Castle Discount Card.
- Banana Republic: 10% off (50+). Discount and age varies by location, contact your Banana Republic store for details.
- Bealls: Save 15% on all purchases every Tuesday with the Club 50 Plus. Proof of age is required.
- Belk: 15% off on the first Tuesday of every month (Senior Day) (55+)
- Bon-Ton Department Stores: Watch for Senior Discount Days at many locations. Because, there’s usually one every month. Most common Senior Day is on Wednesday. Discounts include 20% off using your BonTon credit card, 15% off with any other type of payment, and 10% off their Home Store merchandise using any payment type. (55+)
- C.J. Banks: 10% off every Wednesday (60+)
Clarks: 10% off purchases (62+)
- Dress Barn: Discounts vary by location. Most stores offer 10% on Senior Day, with the most common being Tuesday and Wednesday. (55+)
- Goodwill: 10-20% discount varying by store. Available on one day of the week, call your local Goodwill for days available. (55+)
- Hallmark: 10% off one day of the week, call your local Hallmark for the senior discount day. (65+)
- Kohl’s: 15% off on Wednesdays (60+)
- Lens Crafters: 30% off lenses and 40% off transitions for AARP Members.
- Michael’s: 10% off on Tuesdays with AARP card.
- Modell’s Sporting Goods: 10% off purchases.
Rite Aid: 10% off on Tuesday & 10% off prescriptions.
- Ross Stores: 10% off every Tuesday (55+).
Tanger Outlets: Free coupon book for AARP members.
- The Salvation Army Thrift Stores: 15% – 50% off. Some stores have discount days (usually Wednesdays). (55+)
- TJ Maxx: 10% off on Tuesdays depending on location.
- Stein Mart: 20% off red dot/clearance items first Monday of every month (55+).
Grocery Store Senior Discount Days:
- American Discount Stores: 10% off every Monday (50+)
- Compare Foods Supermarket: 10% off every Wednesday (60+)
- DeCicco Family Markets: 5% off every Wednesday (60+)
- Fresh Farm: 5% off Tuesdays and Thursdays (55+)
- Fry’s Supermarket: free Fry’s VIP Club Membership & 10% off every Monday (55+), or 10% first Wednesday of every month
- Great Valu Food Store: 5% off every Tuesday (60+)
- Gristedes Supermarket: 10% off every Tuesday (60+)
- Harris Teeter: 5% off every Tuesday (60+)
- HyVee: 5% off one day a week (date varies by location)
- Kroger: 10% off (date varies by location)
- Morton Williams Supermarket: 5% off every Tuesday (60+)
- Pathmark: 5% off $30 every Tuesday (55+)
- The Plant Shed: 10% off every Tuesday (50+)
- Publix: 5% off every Wednesday (60+) Not valid in Florida.
- Rogers Marketplace: 5% off every Thursday (60+)
- Uncle Guiseppe’s Marketplace: 5% off (62+)
Airlines Senior Discounts
- Alaska Airlines: 10% OFF fare for select itineraries for passengers who are 60 years and above.
- American Airlines: Various discounts for 65 and up (call before booking for discount).
- British Airways: AARP Members save $65-$200 on round-trip tickets purchased on BritishAirways.com to over 130 cities in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa.
- Continental Airlines: No initiation fee for Continental Presidents Club & special fares for select destinations.
- Southwest Airlines: Various discounts for ages 65 and up (call before booking for discount).
- United Airlines: Various discounts for ages 65 and up (call before booking for discount).
- U.S. Airways: Various discounts for ages 65 and up (call before booking for discount).
Hotel Senior Discounts
- Best Western: 10% off (55+)
- Cambria Suites: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Clarion: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Comfort Inn: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Comfort Suites: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Econo Lodge: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Hampton Inn and Suites: 10% off when booked 72 hours in advance.
- Holiday Inn: 10%30% off depending on location (62+)
- Hyatt Hotels: 25%50% off (62+)
- InterContinental Hotels Group: Various discounts at all hotels (65+)
- Mainstay Suites: 10% off with Mature Traveler’s Discount (50+); 20%30% off (60+)
- Marriott Hotels: 15% off (62+)
- Motel 6: 10% off for AARP members.
- Myrtle Beach Resort: 10% off (55+)
- Quality Inn: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Rodeway Inn: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Sleep Inn: 20%-30% off (60+)
Other Travel Senior Discount
- Amtrak: 15% off (62+)
- Collette River Cruises: AARP Members save up to $100 per person on tours and river cruises of seven days or more to all continents. Options include land tours, river cruises, rail journeys, value tours and more.
- Expedia.com: AARP Members receive up to $300 in extra onboard credits on select cruises to the Caribbean, Alaska, Europe and more with AARP® Travel Center Powered by Expedia®
- Grand European Travel: AARP Members save $100 per person on over 30 luxury river cruises in Europe, Asia and Egypt.
- Greyhound: 5% off (62+)
- MedJet: AARP Members save up to 20% on Medjet memberships. MedjetAssist covers hospital-of-choice medical transfers, including all transport costs, when you’re more than 150 miles from your home. MedjetHorizon includes all the benefits of MedjetAssist, plus worldwide travel security, crisis response, and evacuation services.
- Park Ride Fly: AARP Members save 12% on reservations made at any of Park Ride Fly USA’s 150 off-airport parking locations nationwide. Reservation includes luggage assistance, airport shuttle and more.
- Trailways Transportation System: Various discounts for ages 50 and up.
- Xanterra: AARP Members save 10% on merchandise purchased at National Park gift shops operated by Xanterra Travel Collection in Yellowstone National Park, Grand Canyon National Park, Death Valley National Park, Mount Rushmore National Memorial, Zion National Park, and more.
Car Rental Senior Discounts
- Alamo: Up to 25% OFF for AARP members.
- Avis: AARP Members save up to 30% off base rates, plus get an upgrade on compact through full-size car class bookings (based on availability), an additional driver at no cost, and more.
- Budget Rental Cars: 10% off; AARP Members save up to 30% off base rates, plus get an upgrade on compact through full-size car class bookings (based on availability), an additional driver at no cost, and more.
- Budget Truck Rental: AARP Members can save 20% on local or one-way truck rentals on Sunday through Thursday and 10% on Friday and Saturday, plus receive a $10-per-day Physical Damage Waiver.
- Dollar Rent-A-Car: 10% off (50+)
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: 5% off for AARP members.
- Hertz: Save up to 25% off for AARP members.
- National Rent-A-Car: Up to 30% off for AARP members.
- Payless Car Rentals: AARP Members save 5% on leisure daily, weekly, weekend, and monthly base rates, plus get a free upgrade on compact through full-size car class bookings.
- Zipcar: AARP Members get 43% off an annual Zipcar membership, plus $40 in free driving credit.
- AMC Theaters: Up to 30% off (60+)
- Bally Total Fitness: Up to 100% off memberships (62+)
- Busch Gardens Tampa: $3 off one day tickets (50+)
- Carmike Cinemas: 35% off (65+)
- Cinemark/Century Theaters: Up to 35% off.
- U.S. National Parks: : $10 lifetime pass; 50% off additional services including camping (62+)
- Regal Cinemas: Up to 30% off.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not: $2 off one-day ticket (55+)
- Seaworld Orlando: $3 off one-day tickets (50+)
Cell Phone Discounts:
- AT&T: Special Senior Nation 200 Plan $29.99/month (65+)
- Jitterbug: $10/month cell phone service (50+)
- Verizon Wireless: Verizon Nationwide 65 Plus Plan $29.99/month (65+)
The pharmacies listed here are all covered for AARP Discounts for Members and their families to save on FDA-approved medications not covered by current insurance.
- CVS Pharmacy
- Kroger Co Pharmacy
- Rite Aid Pharmacy
- Walgreens Pharmacy
- Walmart Pharmacy
- Great Clips: $3 off haircuts (60+)
- Super Cuts: $2 off haircuts (60+)
- PetPlan Pet Insurance: AARP Members save up to 10% on premiums when signing up online, plus receive a Visa® Prepaid Card (up to $35) to help cover wellness expenses. Plans are accepted at every veterinarian in the U.S. and Canada.
Since many senior discounts are not advertised to the public, men and women over 55 should ALWAYS ask a sales associate if that store provides a senior discount. Also, please note that some vary by region. In other words, you can be sure to get the most bang for your buck!